Location: Macquarie Park
Salary package: $110K – $120K + Super + Bonus
Role highlights: Family-owned organisation with operations across a multitude of industries and locations, work across multiple product lines and business units, high performance culture and provide financial reports that drive critical organisational decisions and contribute to process improvements.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be reporting to the Head of Finance, leading the financial reporting team. Within the organisation you will be positioned as the primary point of contact between the finance and the rest of the organisation.
You will be primarily responsible for the preparation of financial analysis and reporting as well as, preparation of month end accounts, management reporting, P&L analysis, and qualitative financial commentary.
This role will provide you with a comprehensive exposure all aspects of financial accounting including audit review processes, external group reporting requirements, process improvement, engagement with group treasury, implementation of accounting standards and review of company controls.
- CPA/CA Qualified
- Production of all Financial Statements and reporting
- Financial Accounting, manage the day-to-day operations of the financial reporting team (General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Fixed Assets, cross entity money movement), by initiating activities, follow ups, query resolution, to ensure timely completion of tasks and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end delivery of the month end process, outcomes and deliverables.
- Monthly & yearly reporting packs with analysis and commentary.
- Support the continuous development of the financial team across systems, policies, processes, accounting standards
- Manage the company’s tax compliance, preparation & lodgement.
- Drive the month-end process with the Business Units to ensure accurate and timely reporting, including:
- Interpret and analyse financial information as needed by internal stakeholders before month-end finalisation.
- Preparation of monthly Management Packs with full analysis
- Review group consolidated financial statements, perform elimination entries prior to submission to the Head of Finance
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring required adjustments are completed accurately in a timely manner
- Adherence with applicable accounting standards and consistent application of the technical accounting policies and procedures
- Payroll Accounting, including analysis of payroll journals, LSL / AL provisions
- Support the annual statutory report disclosures and clearance with the Head of Finance.
- Plan and oversee the annual fixed asset stocktake for the group.
You are degree qualified Accountant, with a CA/ CPA qualification.
Demonstrated minimum 5+ years in a financial accounting role
You will have some experience and exposure to tax compliance and financial reporting.
You will have advanced MS Excel skills and Xero or similar experience.
You will possess the technical skills of an accountant, however, also have strong communication to work across internally and outside the finance function.
Ideally you have had exposure to property accounting including leasing and the AASB that apply.
Ideally you will have some experience leading a team.
The Company, Culture & Benefits:
The Company is an established well respected family-owned organisation. The Company has a diverse portfolio of business units with a national presence.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is SLSFA40685. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.