Reporting into Facilities Manager, this role will see you responsible for providing cost effective and safe transport of plant and equipment around the country. This position will also provide strategic logistics advice and strategies to ensure all ongoing projects run smoothly and on time.
As the Logistics coordinator you will ensure all Chain of Responsibility training is up to date and you will also administer fatigue management and audit driving records regularly.
- Responsible for facilitating all deliveries including the rigids In NSW & ACT and ensuring loading lists/load plans are completed.
- Responsible for all interstate transport linked directly to and from NSW & ACT, utilising back-loads whenever possible to reduce costs.
- Ensure CoR training is completed and kept up to date.
- Plan and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the team to ensure that work is performed safely, efficiently and in accordance with company procedures and legislation.
- To manage NHVR compliance, oversized permits, routes etc. – ensure all drivers understand that loads must be within correctload weight range for transportation and blocks and restraints are positioned around items to secure load for safe transportation
- Manage manning levels of the trucks and reduce costs wherever possible while meeting operational requirements.
- Manage drivers leave balances and approve time sheets and any performance related issues.
- Secure our sub-contractor base and ensure their compliance also.
- Facilitate repairs and maintenance of trailers through workshop Manager.
- Review PM programs and discuss potential improvements to increase efficiency.
- Be responsible for agreed Project transport budgets.
- Fatigue Management compliance.
- Produce the load plans for all critical works.
- Ensure Logbooks are maintained in accordance with state and federal legislation.
- Maintain a high level of safety standards.
- Conduct regular Trailer and Prime Mover audits.
- Audit driving records for all drivers every 6 months
- Conduct Site inspections relating to both transport and mobile craneage as required.
- Attend complex &/or time sensitive projects as requested by the PM’s.
You bring with you strong experience as a Logistics Coordinator in the heavy vehicle industry with a history of logistic fleet operation, you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and have a strong attention to detail.
You will be a sound communicator who can engage and build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels throughout the business.
This success story has gone from strength to strength. They have a leading national presence in the market and take pride in their commitment to continuous improvement. With a strong presence in mining, government, residential and commercial infrastructure sectors. As the Logistics Coordinator, you will be instrumental in delivering robust and safe transport of all company equipment to multiple sites around the land.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below quoting reference number AZSM43553 in the subject line. For a confidential chat, please contact REO on 02 8211 3488.