Location: North-West Sydney
Salary Package: $110k – $120k + Super
Role Highlights: Reporting directly to the Project Cost Controller and working closely with the CFO, this individual will provide project cost performance reporting and analysis for the project team through effective and compliant cost attribution, financial control and reporting.
You will ensure a continuous improvement philosophy is applied in maintaining and coordinating cost management systems, to ensure a single source of truth for each element, while encouraging innovation and best practice in cost controls.
Loving a challenge, you will take accountability for the reporting and monitoring of costs against project deliverables and ensuring timely communication of potential issues and appropriate resolutions.
- Assist and support the Project Cost Controller in delivering end-to-end financial project delivery for the entire group.
- Provide project cost control functional support to multiple projects across revenue-generating business areas within the project delivery teams.
- Preparation of monthly project claims ensuring that the progressive monthly payment claims are accurate and cover all claimable work.
- Ensure all variations are captured and assessed from the finance perspective and included in the monthly claims.
- Set up new projects in the finance system.
- Assist with the integration and transfer of project data within the finance ERP system upgrade.
- Assist in providing periodic financial scorecards and project-level performance reports.
- Track and report on actual and forecast costs to manage the cost exposure within the project office across the portfolio and by project.
- Ensure alignment of budget, commitment and cost, respecting business rules to financial data validation, and monitoring that all payments related to properly approved contracts, claims and variations following financial delegations and project/program governance structures.
- Work with the project management group to give insights into profitability and opportunities to improve from a financial perspective.
- Degree qualified in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar project-orientated organisation.
- Prior experience in project accounting servicing a high-volume project base.
- Good understanding of costs and business drivers across a diverse organisation
- Understand operations and the financial impacts.
- Analytical in approach.
- Strong Excel and systems capability, strong IT skills Power BI/data extraction, etc.
- Ideally from a construction or project-based background.
Company, Culture & Benefits:
This fast-paced growing Sydney-based company with well-known brands in the marketplace provides a fantastic culture and employee-centric soul. Dynamic leaders who are open to your input and will support your process
- Key role in the organisation
- $110K – $120K + Super
- Share a passion – be part of a business that is passionate about what they do
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is SLPCA43505. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.