Location: Macquarie Park
Salary package: $180K + Super + Bonus
Role highlights: Opportunity to join an ASX Listed, experienced, service-driven technology company. Work with a high performing organisation and enjoy learning as you contribute to this companies’ growth and ultimate success.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Junior Financial Accountant, working as a business partner, supports the wider Finance team by ensuring month-end and year-end accounts and reports are delivered timely and accurately.
The role also manages projects that contribute to the continuous improvement of internal processes and provides insights through financial reporting that assists the team to make effective financial and operational decisions.
- Processing vendor invoices and making payments within the terms
- Recording vendor invoices against existing POs
- Obtaining approvals from relevant managers
- Processing payment within agreed credit terms
- Performing vendor reconciliation to assist gross margin analysis against plan
- Bank reconciliations
- Performing daily bank reconciliations including credit card account reconciliation
- Balance Sheet and P&L accounts reconciliations
- Monthly balance sheet GL accounts reconciliation to ensure transactions are captured in correct period and classified accurately with an identified action plan to clear reconciling items
- Journal posting for accruals and reversals
- Journal posting for intercompany transactions and sharing costs
- Month-end reporting and variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated P&L including business unit reports
- Providing commentary and analysis on variance between actual and budget
- Commission calculations and preparation
- Reconciliation between internal sales report and payment reports
- Preparing commission reports based on individual commission structures
- External audit assistance
- Supporting half-year review and year-end audit by collating information and responding to auditor enquiries
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Tertiary qualification in accounting
- CPA/CA qualified or in progress
- Minimum 6 months to 18 months experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong understanding of general ledger
- Pay attention to details
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
The Company, Culture & Benefits:
Join this stable, experienced, service-driven company as they rapidly grow and expand their business. You will have the opportunity to take initiative and build relationships in the payroll and HR department in a company that is highly passionate about empowering people through technology. As the company grows you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, progress and share in the organisations ongoing success.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is SLJFA40671. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.