Location: Bondi Beach
Salary package: $110K – $120K + 12.5% Bonus + Super
Role highlights: Bondi’s most recognised landmark is hunting for a new leader to drive it into the future in Sydney’s hottest market, work across all departments and business units within a high performance culture and create strategic planning to drive critical decisions.
This includes directing and managing the business to ensure it is commercially orientated and viable in the long-term. This will be achieved through the provision of cost-effective and high-quality services that surpass the expectations of our valued customers and members.
As the General Manager, you will be reporting to the President and have direct exposure to the board. You will be responsible for the strategic, operational and community future of one of Bondi’s premiere locations and offerings.
Lead a resolute team in delivering best in class service, orchestrate a marketing plan to drive innovative growth, and be the face of the organisation within the local market. This role will give you the opportunity to leverage your commercial knowledge of the hospitality industry and hold influence across all departments and manage the financial position of the entire organisation.
- Lead all departments in providing an exceptional experience for visitors, members and staff.
- Ensure there is a clear focus in all areas of the business on the achievement of the strategic objectives, as determined in the Strategic Plan in relation to club operations, financial strength, and other areas of the plan as delegated.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Oversee the operational performance of all departments of the organisation, including bars, pool area and functions.
- Oversee the catering contract in place for providing food offerings in the Bistro.
- Ensure effective controls for all aspects of stock management.
- Responsible for the standards of liquor service and implementation of Responsible Service of Alcohol practices and procedures.
- Responsible for all forms of gaming within the venue, (including but not limited to TAB and poker machines) and implementation of Responsible Conduct of Gaming practices and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Pool Manager, responsible for pool service and implementation of appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders including, trusts, government authorities, partners such as the surf clubs and those defined in the strategic plan.
HR Operations and Reporting:
- Oversee and lead a team of staff members and the recruitment and training of all new employees.
- People leadership including coach, supervise, manage and take accountability for the performance of the management team.
- Ensure that a first class “Customer Service Attitude” prevails with all staff dealings with the public.
- Ensure staff follow health and safety regulations.
- Prepare regular reports for the board.
Legal and Governance:
- Full understanding and demonstrated compliance with relevant Statutes, Acts of Parliament and regulations, in so far as each of these affects the Club.
- Function as the Licensee and assume all statutory responsibilities associated with this position
Budgeting and Financial Management:
- Maintain budgets and optimise expenses.
- Monitor, review and analyse the financial and trading performance of each department against budget.
- Meet specified objectives with respect to financial targets and KPIs.
- Experience as a General Manager or similar senior management role in a multi-department organisation.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Problem-solving ability and experience in a high-volume demand environment.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Possess RSA, RCG.
- Minimum 7 years in a hospitality supervision role and a Diploma of Hospitality Management of similar qualification will be highly regarded.
- First Aid qualification.
- Board Governance, The Company Secretary, and the General Manager – provided by Club Managers Association (Mandatory Training Requirement for Registered Club Managers).
- Venue Licensee Course or the ability to complete.
The Company, Culture & Benefits:
This organisation is community focused with a long history with the locals that is looking forward to the future. The Club has a diverse portfolio of business units across food and beverage, gaming, functions, sub-leasing and arguably the most famous ocean pool in the world.
With an annual turnover of over $7 million dollars and a dedicated team of employees and highly supportive board of directors, this organisation is people centric and believes in work life balance.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is GMSL40628. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.