Location: Southeast Sydney
Salary: $155-165k + Super
Role highlights: Hands on leadership role; partnering with GM; growth focused
Reporting to the GM, the Financial Controller will be key in embedding robust financial processes to shape insight led business performance and deliver operational results. The Financial Controller has primary day-to-day responsibility for overseeing and shaping the financial performance for the operations and lead a small operations team in ensuring the accurate delivery of financial results on an ongoing basis.
The key success factor will be your desire to roll up your sleeves and add significant value in putting in place best practice processes and controls. Demonstrated competence in managing multiple stakeholder expectations, a hands-on approach and resilience as a finance leader will set you apart in being successful for this role.
- Ensure the integrity of monthly results through hands on ownership of the month end process, including ensuring timely and accurate completion of journals, accruals, reconciliations
- Complete key balance sheet reconciliations and ensure aged items are cleared in a timely manner
- Drive monthly reporting to the business across P&L, balance sheet and cashflow
- Support weekly business performance reporting across P&L and cashflow and deliver actionable analysis and insights
- Leverage KPI analysis to track performance and drive accountability with key stakeholders
- Contribute to budgeting and forecast development
- Produce accurate pricing and tendering support as well as highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Lead a medium sized accounting and operations team through development and coaching
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This organisation is a 100% Australian owned, boutique tier-one food/ manufacturing company. Their purpose is to deliver exceptional customer service and quality product to the retail/food insustry. A strong presence as an SME, they are well into the execution phase of a 3-year strategic growth plan. With their original and head office in Sydney, they provide localised client service with clients in Brisbane and Melbourne, and they pride themselves on their contribution to the communities they live and work in.
- Build and lead a small but critical finance function whilst partnering with GM / owner of the business
- Outstanding salary + parking onsite and discounts on products
- Friendly and collaborative culture
- You are currently CA or CPA qualified
- You have significant experience in Commercial Financial Control within a family run / SME environment.
- Your technical skills are strong coupled with your strong commercial acumen and ability to influence and partner at a strategic level with the SLT.
- Working in a lean team you are not afraid of being hands on and getting into the detail, while also keep a grasp of the big picture.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident leading business from a strategic management perspective.
- Exposure to manufacturing, food/ retail industries is highly regarded
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is NGFC40720.Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call