Location: Homebush (Parking and accessible by public transport)
Salary package: $100K – $110K + Super + Car space
Role highlights: An exceptional opportunity to join a US-listed, global FMCG giant. Influence results through effective and efficient reporting and analysis. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be part of a long-standing, collaborative culture with great learning opportunities.
As the Financial Accountant, you will report to the Finance Manager. Your main responsibilities will be to drive month-end closing procedures and balance sheet reconciliations with adherence to strict timelines. You will utilise your experience with managing statutory reporting and fixed assets to ensure accurate records and reporting.
You will naturally have the desire to influence and provide valuable contributions to all accounting function areas. With self-initiative and motivation, you have the ability to plan and prioritise efficiently and diligently.
- Preparation of internal reports and appropriate journals for pre-payments and accruals as well as reviewing of various expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Reviewing General Ledger coding for expense items, ensuring accuracy in P&L and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in various financial accounting function areas whilst contributing to period-end closing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations to strict
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, income tax provisions and returns, tax scheduling and supporting documentation, including
- Statutory reporting and compliance requirements.
- Contribute and participate in system enhancement projects to improve internal control and drive efficiency.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors, assisting with conducting process, procedure and data audits on various tax and compliance functions.
- Completion of audit requests and work on resolution of audit issues
You are a CA/CPA-qualified accountant with 3 years experience in financial accounting. You are tech-savvy and highly confident with P&L commentary and handling a high volume of data manipulation. You are a logical, analytical thinker and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. With your positive ‘can do’ attitude and energetic approach, you demonstrate strong technical capabilities and are able to work professionally and effectively in high-pressure situations.
You are system savvy, with proficient Excel skills (sumifs, pivot tables, index, v-look ups) and have experience with BI reporting and TM1. You demonstrate initiative with an energetic and positive approach and apply your problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail. Your FMCG experience is essential for this role and coming from a retail background will be highly regarded.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Join a US-listed global FMCG brand with over 6000+ employees across Australia and New Zealand. This company is extremely well-known for distributing quality merchandise worldwide and also provides unique specialty services. Not only does this company have a strong collaborative culture but sustainability is at the forefront of everything they do.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is MWFA43530. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call