Location: Homebush (Parking or accessible by public transport)
Salary package: $80K+ Super + Parking
Role highlights: An exceptional opportunity to join a US-listed, global FMCG giant. Take this opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be part of their long-standing collaborative and hardworking culture with great learning opportunities.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will report to the Financial Accountant. Your main focus and responsibility will be assist with month end including, reconciliation, P&L management and reporting , balance sheet reconciliations and adherence to strict timelines. Your strong communication skills will be put to use along with your extensive financial accounting experience for fixed asset maintenance, month-end closing and the general ledger.
You will naturally have the desire to influence and provide valuable contributions to all accounting function areas. With self-initiative and self-motivation, you have the ability to plan and prioritise efficiently by attending to all responsibilities diligently with strong attention to detail.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations to strict timeframes including the following up action items identified with supporting documentation during the reconciliation process.
- Assisting with annual budget preparation, monthly forecasting and the preparation of leasing schedules and fixed asset workings and schedules.
- Attend to all enquiries from internal/external stakeholders and assist in all financial accounting function areas whilst contributing to period end closing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adhere to strict timeline and delivery of fixed asset capitalisation, disposals and reconciliation.
- Ensure all journal postings are accurate, verified and complete in order to maintain the integrity of the general ledger.
- Understand and interpret accounting standards; apply consistent research to appropriate accounting functions on a daily basis.
- Provide P&L commentary for variances across actuals, forecasting and rolling budgets and review accounts to calculate and create accruals accordingly.
You are a CA/CPA qualified Assistant Accountant (or near completion) with minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounting role coming from a large corporate business. You are tech savvy and highly confident with Fixed Asset Capitalisation, P&L commentary and handling a high volume of data manipulation. You are a logical, analytical thinker and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. With your positive ‘can do’ attitude and energetic approach, you demonstrate strong technical capabilities and are able to work professionally and effectively in high pressure situations.
You’re also system savvy, with proficient Excel skills (sumifs, pivot tables, index, v-look ups) and experience with BI reporting and TM1 will be an advantage. You demonstrate initiative with an energetic and positive approach and apply your problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail. Retail and/or FMCG background is highly regarded for this role.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Join a US listed global FMCG brand with over 6000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. This company is extremely well-known and provides unique specialty services. Not only does this company have a strong collaborative culture but is also heavily involved in charities and sustainability. This company takes pride in their operating philosophy, buying power and relentless drive for efficiency. Take this opening with this fast-growing business with potential career and learning opportunities in the near future.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is MWAA43529. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.