Role highlights: EC Carpets has a strong sense of family and community and have a mission of provide quality loop pile carpets made in Australia to people through excellence in service and care. Based in the Southern suburbs of Adelaide, in state-of-the-art facilities, this role will form a crucial component of the Finance team.
As the Accountant you will be reporting to the Financial Controller. You will participate in the preparation, processing and analysis of the reporting and financial transactions and information for EC Carpets.
You will manage the timely completion of financial and management reporting and compliance obligations and support the Financial Controller in the preparation of annual budget and the monthly and quarterly reforecasting process.
- Preparation and posting of all month-end journal entries including EOM accruals and adjustments.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations and investigate reconciling items.
- Manage the month end close to meet EOM reporting deadlines.
- Business partnering with relevant managers to support decision making to achieve business objectives.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in timely preparation of the monthly reporting pack, inclusive of the monthly financials and provide commentary on P&L variances to budget.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and management of capitalisation process.
- Preparation and lodgement of all monthly and end of year statutory returns (Including monthly GST, Payroll tax, Work Cover, Superannuation submissions, FBT and group tax).
- Supporting the Financial Controller in preparation of the annual budgets and monthly / quarterly reforecasting process.
- Working with the external accountants / auditors in preparation of the annual statutory financial statements.
- Conducting regular and ad hoc analysis projects as directed by Financial Controller or requests for ad hoc financial reports/models from department Managers.
- Preparation of the fortnightly cash flow forecasting.
- You are degree qualified Accountant.
- CA/CPA qualification (or similar)
- General ledger and financial reporting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills and a strong technical aptitude.
- A genuine love for problem solving, and process improvement.
- You will possess confident, and engaging communication skills.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
EC Carpets boast a proud history and are specialists in the manufacturing of loop pile carpets, which are founded on design, innovation, and colour. Operating in Adelaide since 1963, EC Carpets has an established and respected standing in the carpet industry and are recognised nationally and internationally for their high-quality, Australian made products.
With core values of trust and transparency, dynamic improvement, passion, creativity and innovation and humility and Respect, EC Carpets have built a business that consistently offers a sense of family and community, as well as professional and personal growth opportunities.
Additionally, EC Carpets offer generous employee benefits, including:
- Subsidy towards relevant training or educational courses and certificates
- Resources provided for self-directed learning
- A $50 gift card on your birthday
- An EC day – 1 extra paid day of leave per year
- Monthly company wide luncheons
For a private and confidential discuss, please phone Tom Moore on 0426 443 919.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is 43214. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.